Saturday, October 29, 2022

Psalms For Today


Let your hearts be courageous and strong, all you who wait on the Lord. Psalm 31:24

We wait for the Lord: he is our help and our shield. For in him our heart is glad, we trust in his holy name. Let your kindness, O Lord, be upon us, as is our hope in you. Psalm 33:20-22

Your love, O Lord, touches the heavens, your faithfulness reaches the clouds. Your justice is like the great mountains, your judgments are like the broad sea. Lord, you save people and animals. How precious your love, O God! All may seek shelter in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:5-7

O continue your grace to the faithful, your love to the upright in heart. Psalm 36:10

The Lord supports the steps of those with whom he is pleased. Though they fall, they will not be cast headlong, for the Lord holds their hands. Psalm 37:23-24

Happy the person who has put in the Lord their trust, not looking to false gods or turning to idols. Psalm 40:4

In the day I cry to the Lord to summon his kindness; and the song that I sing in the night is a prayer to the living God. Psalm 42:8

But I am like a fresh olive-tree in the house of God. I trust in the kindness of God for ever and evermore. I will render you thanks for ever for what you have done. I will tell how good you are in the presence of those who love you. Psalm 52:8-9

From heaven God looks out on humans, to see if any are wise, and care for God. Psalm 53:2

Listen, O God, to my prayer, attend to the words of my mouth. Psalm 54:2 

Hear my cry, O God, be attentive to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call unto you, when my heart is faint: lead me to the rock that is high above me. Psalm 61:1-2

Answer me, Lord, in your gracious kindness, turn to me in your great compassion. Psalm 69:16

Let the heavens and the earth sing his praises, the seas, and all creatures that move in them. Psalm 69:34

But I will never stop hoping, and more and yet more will I praise you. All the day long shall my mouth tell your faithfulness and your salvation, though I know not how they may be counted. I will tell of the might of the Lord, and your faithfulness praise, you alone. You have taught me, O God, from my youth, and till now have I told of your wonders. Even in old age and grey hair, O God, do not forsake me. Still would I tell of your might unto all generations to come. Psalm 71:14-18

But I am happy when close to God; the Lord my God I have made my refuge, that I may recount all the things you have done. Psalm 73:28