Sunday, October 23, 2022

“Believe in Blessings” Mini Course Day One


My two favorite things to write about are professional home organizing and most importantly my faith. I am eagerly writing a mini course for each topic. I will be posting both courses on my well-established blog. I am happy to begin with my “Believe in Blessings” mini course first. Then, I am planning to be presenting my “Organize Your House” mini course. Hopefully, many busy moms may enjoy both mini courses. 

Author of “Believe in Blessings” Mini Course:


Deborah is a licensed registered nurse. She has several college credits in psychology, sociology, anatomy, physiology, chemistry, microbiology and additional health care administration courses. 


Deb’s work experiences include years of hospital patient care as an RN in the medical-surgical area. She also worked as an RN at a large university teaching hospital college of medicine. 


She developed and taught online medical-related courses for a junior college and continues to have a great passion for writing and her faith in God. The scripture quotations are from the Open English Bible.


DAY ONE


My mini course “Believe in Blessings” includes many helpful tips for busy homemakers interested in learning to live according to God’s teachings. The mini course mentions my own personal thoughts and insights that came to mind while reading through my Bible. 


I have been faithfully trying to study the Bible every day for quite a long while. I read a passage of scripture and then think about how I can apply the knowledge to my everyday life as a mom and a homemaker. My goal is to continually gain knowledge about living a Christian lifestyle that is pleasing to God. 


It might be best to start with developing a consistent every day routine to personally communicate to God with the method of your choice. I want to feel like I am developing an ongoing friendship with God. 


For myself, I always look for the very best resource tools when it comes to learning something new.  My own favorite faith tools include the written bible, devotionals, bible apps, bible videos, reading plans, bible studies and online worship services.


Routinely, I enjoy reading and studying written scripture to learn all about God when I have extra time in the evenings. Some people prefer the morning hours to read scripture and pray. It all depends on your own daily schedule, but it is important to be consistent with your faith studies and praying. 


I know some busy moms set their alarm clocks one hour earlier before their whole family wakes up so they have some quiet time to reflect on what is important to them, such as reading and journaling. I think this type of daily routine can be a healthy inspiration. I use a written daily/weekly planner to write all my important to-do lists. I schedule my time to study my Bible every single day. 


I will add some of my favorite Bible verses for you to reflect on today. 


“Great are the things that the Lord has done, worthy of study by those who love them.” Psalm 111:2 


“Forever, O Lord, is your word fixed firmly in the heavens.” Psalm 119:89 


“Whatever was written in the scriptures in days gone by was written for our instruction, so that, through patient endurance, and through the encouragement drawn from the scriptures, we might hold fast to our hope.” Romans 15:4 


“All scripture is God-breathed: helpful for teaching, for refuting error, for giving guidance, and for training others in righteousness; so that God’s people may be capable and equipped for good work of every kind.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17 


“And therefore we, from the very day that we heard this, have never ceased praying for you, or asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of the will of God, which comes through all true spiritual wisdom and insight.” Colossians 1:9 


“After dismissing the crowds, he went up the hill by himself to pray; and, when evening fell, he was there alone.” Matthew 14:23 


“The Lord is near to all who call him, to all who call upon him in truth.” Psalm 145:18 


“Therefore, my dear friends, stand firm, unshaken, always diligent in the Lord’s work, for you know that, in union with him, your toil is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58 


“The earth, Lord, is full of your kindness; teach me your Statutes.” Psalm 119:64