Saturday, October 29, 2022

Comforting Bible Psalms


See! The Lord has shown me his wonderful kindness: the Lord hears, when I call to him. Psalm 4:3 

So in peace I will lie down and sleep; for you, Lord, keep me safe. Psalm 4:8 

When I pray to you, Lord, in the morning, hear my voice. I make ready for you in the morning, and look for a sign. Psalm 5:3 

But let all who take refuge in you ring out their gladness forever. Protect those who love your name, so they may exult in you. For you give your blessing, Lord, to the godly, and the shield of your favor protects them. Psalm 5:11-12 

So the Lord proves a haven to the oppressed, a haven in times of trouble. Well may they trust you who know your name, for those who seek you, you never abandon. Psalm 9:9-10 

But I trust in your kindness: my heart will rejoice in your help. I will sing to the Lord who was good to me. Psalm 13:5-6 

From heaven the Lord looks out on humans, to see if any are wise, and care for God. Psalm 14:2

My steps have held fast to the paths of your precepts and in your tracks have my feet never stumbled. Psalm 17:5

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, deliverer, my God, my rock, where I take refuge, my shield, my defender, my tower. Psalm 18:2 

You are my lamp, Lord, my God who enlightens my darkness. Psalm 18:28 

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is pure. He is shield to all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30 

The shield of your help you gave me, your right hand supports me, you stoop down to make me great. Psalm 18:35

May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, Lord, my rock and redeemer. Psalm 19:14 

The Lord is my shepherd: I am never in need. He lays me down in green pastures. He gently leads me to waters of rest, he refreshes my life. He guides me along paths that are straight, true to his name. Psalm 23:1-3

Surely goodness and love will pursue me – all the days of my life. In the house of the Lord I will live through the length of the days. Psalm 23:6 

Make me, O Lord, to know your ways: teach me your paths. In your faithfulness guide me and teach me, for you are my God and my savior. Psalm 25:4-5

The humble he guides in the right, he teaches the humble his way. Psalm 25:9 

The Lord gives guidance to those who fear him, and with his covenant he makes them acquainted. Psalm 25:14 

May integrity and innocence preserve me, for I wait for you, O Lord. Psalm 25:21 

Examine me, Lord, and test me; test my heart and my mind. For your love is before my eyes, and your faithfulness governs my way. Psalm 26:2-3

O Lord, I love your house, the place where your glory lives. Psalm 26:8 

One thing have I asked of the Lord, and that do I long for – To live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the grace of the Lord and inquire in his temple. Psalm 27:4 

Firm is the faith I cherish, that I, in the land of the living, will yet see the goodness of God. Let your heart be courageous and strong, and wait on the Lord. Psalm 27:13-14