Saturday, November 12, 2022

Tips For Decluttering Projects


If you are not sure about keeping an item in your house or donating it, put the item away in a box for a month and see if you really need it.  

Items that help me when I declutter the house: clear storage containers, label maker, and portable folding table for sorting and organizing.

I routinely keep one container in my home to place any items that I find throughout my rooms that I would like to donate.

I have a designated storage bin located in a central area for each family member, so they can place their items into their bin as they walk through the door.

I am thinking about getting rid of one item in my home when I need to bring in a new item, such as when I purchase a new piece of clothing.

I use five clear plastic boxes during the sorting process when I declutter a room. I label them keep, donate, sell, throw away and belongs in another room.

You may want to get storage containers after you declutter your house. You will know the correct size and how many containers you need.

It is a good habit to pick up any misplaced items as you walk through the rooms in your home and place them back where they belong.  

You can gather similar items in separate piles when you are organizing to see how many "like" items that you have. Then you can decide what to keep, toss, or donate.